Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Monster Smash Math Game! Addition!

With so much of the common core's focus being on fluency, I've been trying to give my kids lots of experiences with addition facts in fun, interactive and engaging ways. So Monster Smash was born! The kids LOVE this game and ask me to play it ALL the time. The object of the game is to "catch" the most monsters by solving addition equations rolled on dice. I've created two levels. Level one focused on facts to 12 and level two focuses on facts up to 20!   Check it out in my TpT store!



My kids have enjoyed this game so much I've decided to create more seasonal versions of the game! Look for them soon!

Let me know your thoughts! The first three people to comment and follow my blog will be sent Monster Smash for free!! Leave me your email!

5 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

This is adorable...I love that monster clip art.

I am your blog's newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I have shared some Thanksgiving *freebies* that you might be able to use. =)

hprice@lufkinisd.org

Heather
Heather's Heart

Jillian Coster said...

Thanks so much for following! My kids LOOVE the Monster Smash game! I'm sending it over to your e-mail now! Let me know if you have any questions. Also just hopped over to your blog and it's great! I'm a new follower!

Jillian

Lisa Mattes said...

I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love the game to use with my firsties!!

And, I think I saw that you have a precious little newborn in your arms in your picture. Congratulations!!!

growingfirsties@gmail.com

Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway that also donates to Hurricane Sandy Relief!

Jillian Coster said...

I'm so glad you are my newest follower! My kids LOOVE this Monster Smash game! I hope your kids enjoy it too! I've been trying to think of and create fun ways where they can practice, practice, practice their facts to fluency! Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

Jillian

Jillian Coster said...

I'm sending the game to your e-mail now! Let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Oh and p.s. I updated my pic! That little newborn is almost 2 now!! But we have a new one on the way! Due in February!

Jillian

Post a Comment