Sunday, October 21, 2012

Guided Reading!



Along with Reading Workshop, I also pull several Guided Reading Groups each day.  I’ve always had a hard time with record keeping and having an efficient system for recording books that I send home, and then hopefully are returned, after I finish with a reading group.

NOT ANYMORE!!!

This form has been working great!  I am able to quickly record the title, level, date of reading group, students in the group, teaching points, ideas for next time and check off if the book was sent home.  The following day, if the book is left on my back table, I check off that it was returned!

First 10 people to comment and follow my blog will be sent this form for free!  Leave your e-mail address!  Enjoy!

~ Jillian COster



* UPDATE - I also made this great bookmark which helps keep track of which book was sent home with who!  I quickly write their name on the bookmark, tuck it inside the book and send it home!  The kids return the book with the bookmark inside the next day!  They love using the bookmark!  It makes them feel like "BIG" readers!








5 comments:

Yvonnee said...

Hi- I'm a new follower and I would love a copy. Thanks so much,
yvonneeyrg@gmail.com

Jillian Coster said...

Thanks for following! I'm excited to have you! Sorry for the delay! I will send you the form as soon as possible!

Jillian

Mrs. Henline said...

New follower here... Would love a copy of your guided reading template.
miller.4948@osu.edu

Jillian Coster said...

Sending it now! Hope it helps! I will be posting MUCH more when school starts back up in September so check back!

Jillian

Unknown said...

Just bought a few of your Fundations packets on TpT! Thank you! do you have this form on TpT too?? sroemdolan@gmail.com

Post a Comment